August 8, 2012

DIY Tie Tee: Olsen Style

I have a raging girl crush on the Olsen ladies. All three of them. (There are only three, right...) 
They always look so... cool. It's uncanny. 

A few days back I found this photo on Olsen's Anonymous and I was like, "Whoa. I want to be wearing that t-shit."
[via]

Needless to say, this is a totally obtainable look. I marched my little patootie over to H&M and bought myself a tee for $5.95 and BOOM, I made an Elizabeth Olsen tee:
My fall wardrobe is expanding by the day. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not look nearly as 'cool' as Ms. Elizabeth when wearing this shirt. I lack her 'cool' factor. Plus I have like [more than] a few pounds on the girl.



Supplies:
1. T-shirt from H&M. Size up two times. Three if you are x-small. 
2. White pencil from Blick.
3. Scissors. 

Step 1:
Mark the paint on your shirt where you want the knot to lie. I made this mark while trying on the shirt, so that I knew exactly where on my body the knot would be. 

Step 2:
Cut a slit in your shirt from the bottom hem to your mark. 

Step 3:
Take the corner form each side of the slit and make a double knot. 




It's almost ridiculous to post this tutorial because it's so flippin' easy. But sharing is caring, and, who knows, maybe I got your creative juices turning. You don't have to thank me for being your craft spirit animal, but you probably should LOVE ME ON ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA!

   
   




3 comments:

Erin @ Thanks, I Made It said...

Nice 'n easy! Now if only we could also DIY the Olsen je ne sais quoi...

Tori said...

Just did this. Love it.

Sara Kay said...

I was wondering if you really said "I want to be wearing that t-SHIT" because if you did, that's awesome. :) Awesome tutorial either way!

Post a Comment