April 18, 2012

Hammered Metal Necklace

Hey, fools. I made a really awesome necklace:

Truth is, it's pretty hard to photograph the awesomeness. It looks so rad on my bod, but I didn't have a chance/avaiable amigo to photograph me. So use your imagination and picture this necklace, on my neck, looking superb. 



Supplies:

1. Hammer from a local hardware store. 
2. Pliers from Michael's.
3. E6000 Glue from M&J.
4. Aluminum wire from Michael's.
5. Gold chain from Toho Shoji.
6. Metal loops from Toho Shoji. 
7. Metal pin loops from Toho Shoji.
8. A lobster clasp from Toho Shoji. 

Step 1:
Use the plier to cut a piece of the aluminum. Approximately 3 inches. 

Step 2:
On a VERY hard surface, hammer down the aluminum wire until flat. 

Step 3:
Glue a pin loop to each end of the hammered wire. 

Step 4:
Use the pliers and a metal loop to attach the chain to the pins. 

Step 5:
Use the pliers to attach a lobster clasp to the chain. 





Things I like about this here necklace:
1. The mixture of silver and gold. 
2. The hammered effect of the metal. 
3. The simple design/shape.
I other news, I gave myself a rainbow french manicure last night. Get excited for that tutorial. It's gonna be... colorful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment