March 20, 2012

Pebbles Necklace. Flintstone Style.

Hey! I made a Pebbles necklace!

I could tell you I was inspired by a necklace that I found on Pinterest, or I could be honest and let you know that Pebbles of the Flintstones was the real muse. 
 

Sometimes cartoons inspire crafts. It's a thing. (No it's not.) 



My tutorial today is a touch different that my usual supplies followed by step-by-step.
Why? Because I have made fimo charms on necklaces a hundred times over and if I type it out one more time I might break down. 
Haha, no, JK. I'm just being lazy.  
I will show you how to make the bone. It is up to you if you want to make a necklace, ring, or hair clip. Or any other item a fimo bone might suite. 

Step 1:
Grab a small piece of fimo and roll it up in your hand. 

Step 2:
Roll the fimo between your hands so that you create a long cylinder. 

Step 3:
Lightly pinch the cylinder about 1/3 of the way in from the end. 

Step 4:
Use your index finger on the opposite hand to push in the end of the cylinder. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to the other end of the fimo. 

Step 5:
Mold the fimo with your fingers to create a bone-like shape on the ends. 

Then you are gonna bake this puppy in the oven. Use the instructions on the fimo package. When mine was cooked and cooled, I glued two metal pins with loops to the backside so I could make a necklace:
You can do whatever your heart desires with your fimo bone.

 I know I'm early (or maybe late?) but this is a very handy tutorial if you are thinking about dressing up as Pebbles for Halloween. Just a thought. You can take it or leave it. But I'm just gonna throw this out there: everyone loves a good Flintstones costume. And they are so irrelevant right now - you would be like, so totally hip. You know, irony and shit. 




I can make this for you, for reals. Just e-me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool idea :) and great idea for hanging up the jewelry and taking a photo of it! :)

much love,
The Creative Muslimah

Post a Comment