December 15, 2011

The Ultimate Crafter Wishlist

 I don't know if you noticed, but I have been avoiding holiday posts. The main reason is that I'm a super Jew, and I'm no authority on Christmas crafts. Like, I don't know that first thing about it. I'm not even sure what a garland is
However, Hanukkah is around the corner and that means two things to me: 
1. Latkas! Om nom nom! (Latkas=fried potato pancakes with apple sauce. So good.)
2. Presents!!!!!!
(Oh, and also the whole story about the miracle with the oil lasting eight days.)

Lucky for me, Mama Felderman is a present-giving-ninja. I'm not kidding, she puts Santa to shame. I picked out some of the craft oriented items from my wishlist to share with you crazy crafters! Hopefully my mom reads this post too, so she knows what to get me. (No, I'm kidding. She already knows. I emailed her my wishlist months ago.)


1. White dinnerware and plain stemware from Fishes Eddy. I recently found out that, when cured properly, Martha Stewart's Craft Paint will become food and dishwasher safe! I can't wait to add all sorts of glitter to these! My kitchen is gonna be just as glittery and colorful as my soul. This is why I'm single. Find me a boy who will agree to eat of of glittery plates, and he can have my heart. 
(I'll also take some of the flatware, so I can make more enamel dipped silverware. Speaking of which, I could use some new colors of enamel. Enamel is depressingly expensive.)

2. A new digital camera from B&H. Preferably the Leica that my photographer Uncle has used to replace all of his other cameras. I have been using a Digital SLR from 2004 or 2005. Something ridiculously old. It's been a struggle trying to take sharp pictures, and it's super heavy so I never want to bring it around with me. A new camera would make all my troubles disappear! This blog is gonna be gorgeous! (pending the gift of the new digital camera. I'm counting on you Mom.

3. A power tool. Preferably in pink. (From Target.) Sometimes crafting involves some building, and these arms need some help. Que the power tool. The pink makes me feel way less weird about the fact that I am asking for a power tool for Hanukkah. I mean, it's just... I'm pretty girly. This is for sure out of character, but definitely something I need. 

4. incase matte iPhone and Macbook cases. By the ton. We all know I have an unhealthy obsession with making cell phone cases. I would probably craft all over computer cases too, if they weren't so gosh-darn expensive. You can't get a cheap version in China Town like a cell phone case! Rude!

5. And finally, my all time obsession, the Miu Miu Noir Sunglasses from Saks Fifth Avenue. No, these have absolutely no crafty use, (except to inspire a DIY sunglasses project) but I'm pretty much in love with them and I want them so bad. SO BAD. 

You know what would make my day? I mean, yea, if you gave me all of this stuff it would definitely make my day. But if you sent me your crafting wishlist, well, it would just send me over the moon! 
Sharing is caring! E-me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I could so relate to this! A few Panasonic cameras are on my list, too.

Xander Lawson said...

A pink power tool - that's going to be tough to find. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one among the power tools for sale around here.

Post a Comment